Re: qube2 debian remote boot

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 09:22:44PM +0100, Michael Klessmann wrote:

> worried about htis article. When i download the kernel, my browser shows a
> size of ca. 600 kb. After downloading the Kernel is 1,6 MB big and i
> discovered an error message on the console log means that the kernel can not
> uncompressed. May be that is the problem ...

Are you using Netscape for downloading? IIRC Netscape uncompresses gzipped
files on download and booting the uncompressed image definitely does not
work. Try running "file" on it - it will probably be an uncompressed image.
If yes, just try recompressing it with gzip -9.

HTH,
Karsten
--
#include <standard_disclaimer>