Re: Kernel update for Debian 3.0/mips

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 10:55:22PM +0100, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> By looking at it - is there a reason why we provide mop images ? I
> thought mopd is able to boot/serv elf ? Wouldnt it be easier to let it also
> boot/serv ecoff ?

Last I checked, the mopd package in Debian was inches from being
orphaned. There is a wishlist bug asking to incorporate a few
patches that are a rev out of date to, among other things, provide
the correct byte order to boot DECstations. I compiled from the
NetBSD source and patches and was able to mop boot my 5000/240, but
I didn't have time to update said patches to the version of mopd
source in Debian--looked somewhat involved. I believe I still have
the patches on hand if anyone else wants to take up the banner and
can't locate them. Took me a bit of hunting...
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);