Re: Kernel update for Debian 3.0/mips

Karsten Merker wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 06:07:23PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
>
> > For the first update to woody the 2.4 kernel patch should be updated.
> > In order to install a new one, an old one has to be removed, so the
> > archive doesn't explode and CDs are still buildable.
>
> > Hence, I propose the following actions:
> >
> > install kernel-patch-2.4.19-mips
> > remove  kernel-patch-2.4.17-mips
> >
> > Please shout if something is wrong with this.
>
> We should not remove kernel-patch-2.4.17-mips, as it is the base for
> boot-floppies. We would make current boot-floppies unbuildable with
> a removal. Besides we need to keep it to fullfill the GPL requirement
> to provide the sources, as we have the 2.4.17 kernel image in
> boot-floppies.

Since boot floppies are already built for stable, that's not really
that important anymore.  Even better, since Guido said that building
boot-floppies with 2.4.19 is fine, that should be the version for an
updated boot-floppies set (maybe for r2 or something).

Regards,

	Joey

--
Reading is a lost art nowadays.  -- Michael Weber