Re: Kernel update for Debian 3.0/mips

Karsten Merker wrote:

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 03:56:25PM -0500, Guillaume Plourde wrote:

What is the last kernel image on stable?

2.4.17 is the latest official kernel. We have 2.4.19 for big endian mips
in the archive, for mipsel I have not yet done an upload as I am waiting
for the util-linux maintainer to upload a package which fixes a problem
you get when running the current stable util-linux with kernel 2.4.19 on
mipsel.

I use 2.4.17 but some useful software like GCC segfault.

On which kind of system?
SGI Indy r4k

Almost everything work fine but apt-get and GCC crash. Last time i installed Xfree pretty much everything was crashing on X.
Is is something with c++?

Guillaume Plourde