Re: Kernel update for Debian 3.0/mips

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 07:28:19PM +0100, Guido Guenther wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 06:12:24PM +0100, Thiemo Seufer wrote:

> > Is it possible to update kernel-patch-*-mips before to include the appended
> > patch or is this too late? It fixes the kernel stack corruption encountered
> > on Personal DECstations which is triggered by e.g. debian-installer.
> Is it also triggerd by boot-floppies? debian-installer is a sarge
> issue only. Are Personal DECstations supported by the current (2.4.17)
> kernel images? If not, can we delay this 'til r2, so we can give things
> proper testing (the patch looks harmless enough on the other hand)?

It is triggered by boot-floppies - that is the main reason why we list the
Personal DECstations as "unsupported by the current installation system".
In theory, with a fixed kernel the tftpimage-r3k-kn02 should work on a
Personal DECstation with serial console. In practice, we would have to test
that with a new boot-floppies build.

Regards,
Karsten
--