Re: libgnome32 install failure

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 12:41:11AM -0500, karlm@MIT.EDU wrote:
> I'm installing Debian-mips for the fisrt time.  My MIPS machine is
> a R4600 Indy.
>
> libgnome32 fails to install durring the install process.
> libgnomeui32 also fails, but I believe this is a direct consequence
> of the above error.
There are problems with CPU revision 1.7. Could you check your dmesg
output. If it says:
CPU revision is: 00002010
your currently out of luck with the stock debian kernels. There are
patches from Jan-Benedikt Glaw that work around this CPU bug. I'll cc:
him, so maybe he posts his current version.
Regards,
 -- Guido