Re: SGI Indy R5000: dpkg --configure xfonts-75dpi crash

interesting... i got this behaviour (huge dump to screen followed by hard lock
up requiring mains lead tug) whenever i tried to apt-get xdm. in fact xdm was
part of one of the tasksel options that i tried to install. i was able to boot
single user and apt-get remove xdm and my indy booted fine. any attempt to
reinstall this package has so far resulted in the same behaviour but i
definitely have xfonts75 and xfonts100 installed as i installed gimp-1.2 last
night. (i have since 'upgraded' to unstable, but the behaviour is the same).

btw, just had to share - i built a kernel (2.4.18) with xfs support and was
able to mount an irix partition, how cool is that?

GREG