Re: Maxine status?

At 17:14 +0200 9/8/02, Karsten Merker wrote:
On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 01:18:21AM -0400, Mauricio wrote:

 I have a Personal DEC 5000/20 which I would like to install
 Debian Linux on.  According to
 http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/mipsel/ch-hardware-req.en.html,
 it is not "supported by the Debian installation system currently."
 What does that exactly mean?  That it does work but it is not
 officially supported?

In principle, Linux/MIPS runs on the Maxine, but there is currently no
keyboard/mouse driver for the Personal DECstation series and there is

I can live without the driver since the machine will spend most of its life in my closet and be accessed either through serial port (if needed) or through the ethernet port. =)

some kernel bug, which causes the Debian installer to hang the kernel,
but _only_ on a Maxine. This bug does not appear on any other type
of DECstation. We have up to now not been able to find out what
exactly triggers this kernel bug.

HTH,
Karsten

How can I help track this bug? I will not claim to be the most knowledgeable bloke in the machine, or black magic unix, but anything I can do to help, let me know! =)