Re: Maxine status?

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 01:18:21AM -0400, Mauricio wrote:

> I have a Personal DEC 5000/20 which I would like to install
> Debian Linux on.  According to
> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/mipsel/ch-hardware-req.en.html,
> it is not "supported by the Debian installation system currently."
> What does that exactly mean?  That it does work but it is not
> officially supported?

In principle, Linux/MIPS runs on the Maxine, but there is currently no
keyboard/mouse driver for the Personal DECstation series and there is
some kernel bug, which causes the Debian installer to hang the kernel,
but _only_ on a Maxine. This bug does not appear on any other type
of DECstation. We have up to now not been able to find out what
exactly triggers this kernel bug.

HTH,
Karsten
--