Re: Same problem with my Personal Decstation 5000/25

On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 08:17:34PM +0200, Karsten Merker wrote:
> A Personal DECstation a.k.a. Maxine does not have ttyS2 - the serial
> port is ttyS0 there. Unfortunately, you will not get very far even with
> the correct console device, as there is a bug in the Linux kernel which
> causes a complete freeze of the system right after starting the
> installer on this kind of system. This happens _only_ on Personal
> DECstations, but nobody has yet been able to find out the reason for
> the crash yet. This crash is the reason why the Personal DECstation
> series is listed as "currently unsupported" in the Debian/mipsel
> install documentation.

I have seen something similar on the Decstation 5k/150 which seems
to be installer size caused. Just booting the kernel
always worked for me but not the kernel + ramdisk.

I guess the decstations proms have a serious problem with booting
large kernels.

Flo
                        Heisenberg may have been here.