Re: Beginner needs help installing woody on Origin 200

Hi,
On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 08:45:35AM -0500, Yvar Hoogland wrote:
> So where do I go from here ?
As Flo pointed out to you in:
 http://lists.debian.org/debian-mips/2002/debian-mips-200206/msg00029.html
you need to build yourself a cross toolchains(compiler and binutils) as
described in the mips faq) and crosscompile a kernel which you can then
try to boot. See also http://www.linux-mips.org/.
Once you have a booting kernel you can add a ramdisk containing the
installer to your kernel and install debian. Until then there is very
little we can do to help you since none of the debian mips developers
has a Origin(at least as far as I know). In case you have problems
building a kernel for the O 200 ask on the linux-mips@oss.sgi.com list.
People there should know about the 0200.
Regards,
 -- Guido