Re: tftp booting off a RH box?

Hi Guido ...

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 08:14:38PM +0200, Guido Guenther wrote:
>On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 07:29:23PM +0200, Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:
>> Hmm I think, we need some additional Infos before partitioning the
>> Hardisks. For example, that the volume is partition 10 and volhdr should
>> be 9 or the kernel cannot be saved to boot the indy ...
>It should be pretty obvious that you don't simply change partition
>numbers that fdisk creates. One more comment won't do any harm, though.

As I can remember, the fdisk asks me first, what partition-type I want,
then what number and then the size. Then I can choose a type with 't'.

But I can chose partition 1 as volhdr, but then the installer fails to
copy the kernel into volhdr, because, it was not on portition 9 as
expected ..

>> >Some more details on volume header stuff/dvhtool are at:
>> > http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/linux-mips/indy-boot/indy-hd-boot-micro-howto.html
>> Is the link included to the instnotes in the bootfloppies?

Silly question ... it seems to good, if we have some Infos like that on
the bootfloppies or debian-mips website, or I'm wrong?

	Regards
		Jan

--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **         ,.. ,..