Re: cdrom boot for sgi

Hi,

[valuable info deleted]
>I do remember having to go hunt down old Toshiba T-3401's in order to
>get things working on some Indy's, DECstations, and MicroVAXen I
>salvaged.  Anything over 4x maybe, 8x (almost certainly) is unlikely
>to work.

Actually, that's not true. Almost all Plextor drives have a 512k sector
jumper which really works, regardless of the speed. Even an IBM 320h
was content with my Plextor 12/20, but not with a 6Plex (which has
the magic jumper, but does not report SYNC capabilties).

I don't know about the UltraPlex, though, but all others seem to be OK.

HTH,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Can't Stand Losing (The Sewergrooves)