Install works... But can't boot...

Hello everyone,
   I'm attempting to install Debian-mips on my SGI Indy (R4600).

I went through the instructions on:
http://www.linux-debian.de/howto/debian-mips-woody-install.html

The volume header on my hard drive was waaay too small, and I couldn't
figure out how to resize it during the install, so I used fx (SGI's
repartitioner... yuk) to resize it.
The install seems to work fine, but after I make my system bootable, I
never see linux again.  I did setup the env variables that were listed,
but I always get:

"Starting up the system..."
"Boot file not found on device:
scsi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(8)/linux."

Any ideas as to what is going on or what I can do?

Thanks.

Jason Bradley Nance
aitrus@tresgeek.net
http://www.tresgeek.org/

-
When we walk to the edge of all the light we have
 and take a step into the darkness of the unknown
 we must believe that one of two things will happen:
        There will be something solid for us to stand on
         or we will be taught to fly.

                -Patrick Overton, "Faith"