Re: Reading fibmap

On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 01:01:11AM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:

[ff.c]
> Which shows that it is possible to find the correct blocks
> on an iso9660 filesystem. Now one has to make an iso of the
> "boot-floppies" directory and generate the fibmap of the kernel +
> ramdisk bootimage (tftpboot ?) and build a "boot-sector" from it
> for the decstation case and a "volume header" for the sgi case.

I have experimented with this a little bit - it looks like the files
in ISO9660 are written into continous blocks, so in theory for a
DECstation it should be sufficient to generate a bootblock with only
one extent entry - startblock and number of (512-byte-)blocks.
The main question I have is: what does the firmware expect to be in
the file described by the blocklist? A raw memory dump or an ECOFF
file (as booted by tftp)? I will take a look at how DELO handles the
second stage loader tomorrow^Wtoday evening, but if somebody can give
me a pointer to some docs, that might be helpful.

Regards (and good night :-),
Karsten
--
#include <standard_disclaimer>