config.guess vs. mips?

Hey,

I see that one of my packages suddenly fails to build on mips [0] and this
seems to be related to the fact that config.guess and config.sub were
updated to the latest versions from FSF upstream and now they fail.  Can
anybody give some hints as to what might be the problem there?  Seen that
before?  If not: what would be an appropiate machine to log in and try to
fix it myself and could you please give me an account?

Regards
    -richy.

[0] <http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=cln&ver=1.1.4-2&arch=mips&stamp=1011054210&file=log&as=raw>

PS: I know it sux, but in this case please CC directly to me.
--
  .''`.  Richard B. Kreckel
 : :' :  <kreckel@debian.org>