sgi indy R5000

Hi everyone,
i'm trying to install a debian system on my sgi indy R5000.

what i did so far was to set my intel debian box as a dhcpd and tftpd
server, providing the base2.2.tgz from
ftp://ftp.uni-mainz.de/pub/Linux/debian-local/mips/
and the kernel-image-2.4.0-test6-pre8-ip22-r5k.tgz,
kernel-image-2.4.16-ip22-r4k.tgz
as
http://ftp.fi.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-mips/3.0.15-2001-10-19/r4k-ip22/tftpboot.img

at "enter command monitor" this is the printenv output: (if some are
strange, it's due to some histeric tests)

osloadoption=ip=bootp()
systempartiotion=bootp()
osloadpartition=/dev/nfs
osloadfilename=linux     <-- a link inside MY /indy
autoload=yes
console=g
diskless=0
dbaud=9800
volume=80
autopower=yes
netaddr=...
eaddr=...
consoleinput=keyboard()
consoleoutput=video()
osloader=sash
gfx=alive

while inside i run boot -f boot()<image file> init=/bin/bash nfsroot=<my
box>:/indy

he downloads the image printing:
1441792+169664+130372 entry_ 0x88002984

than it hungs there, the keyboard leds blink, the power light starts
blinkgin green and red, and the box freezes.

What's the error?

thank you

--
 Claudio Martella