Console corruption with newport & XFree86

Hi,
to get a better idea with which versions of the newport the console
corruption happens I'd like to ask everybody with a newport to send me:
- The version numbers of the different chips on the newport(as printed
  by the kernel - dmesg)
- if it is the 8bpp or 24bpp version
- the version number of XFree86 with which console corruption[1] happens(if
  any)
- the version number of XFree86 with which *no* console corruption happens(if
  any)
So even if everything is fine for you, please drop me a short notice.
Please do this in private mail, since I don't want to pollute this ml
with(for other people) uninteresting stuff.
Thanks,
 -- Guido

[1] completely black console with only a blinking cursor