[ssh bug 115767] mips and randomness

[Please Cc me any replies - I don't read this list]
Hi folks,

Below follows some interaction I had with upstream with regards this
bug against ssh (on mips). Can any of you shed any light on this? (an
answer to the question would be a good start :).

Thanks,

Matthew

On 1 Dec 2001, Matthew Vernon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There seems to be a problem with the arc4random code on mips/mipsel,
> producing the following error message:
>
> Couldn't obtain random bytes (error 604389476)

That error is caused because an OpenSSL RAND_bytes() call is failing.
You need to investiagte why that is happening. Does the MIPS have
/dev/urandom?

-d

--
Rapun.sel - outermost outpost of the Pick Empire
http://www.pick.ucam.org