Re: Archive purge?

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 05:27:30PM -0700, Ryan Murray wrote:

> Dynamic libraries have a header of one or the other -- and only one kind is
> understood by ld.so (the new, or the old).

I did get that - But what is the incompatible change - I read something
on the load address. So why has the load address been different and
why has this to change NOW ? Why is the load address we have now
beeing considered broken.

Nobody has answered these points. There is a patch breaking backward
compatibility for no good reason (That i can see now) so why
does everybody just talk about breaking it ?

Flo