Re: Archive purge?

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 12:22:56PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> I havent followed nor seen the discussion on ABI change. Could someone
> elaborate on that ?

It was some time ago -- from sjhill.  There weren't that many people commenting
on it at the time.

I've attached the latest message I can see on it -- I don't seem to have the
discussion anymore.

If we decided to go this route, we need the patches to gcc and libc, and
possibly the archive purge this thread is on.  As this is being done on
gcc-3.0, it may be a good idea to change the mips architectures to use that
as the default gcc at this point...

--
Ryan Murray, Debian Developer (rmurray@cyberhqz.com, rmurray@debian.org)
The opinions expressed here are my own.

	- sjhill's tradmips work
	- fixes to glibc and linux for sjhill's tradmips work :-)
	- Linux 2.4.3 (HEAD) from oss cvs, plus mingo's ext2 corruption
	  patch
	- gcc 3.0 branch 0422 dated release with the gcse patch and
	  sjhill's
	- binutils HEAD as of 0421
	- glibc 2.2.3 (HEAD) plus several patches from Maciej, sjhill,
	  and me.

This has received minimal testing on Indy only.  It builds a bootable
working kernel and fileutils built and run against this glibc works.
This release should support kernel modules, and the sample kernel has
been built accordingly, but this has not been tested by me.

NOTE: This release breaks binary compatibility with previous releases.
Your pre-tradmips binaries and libraries will not work with these.  If
you elect to use these tools for userland development you must
rebootstrap.

The crossdev bundle can be found at
ftp://oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/mips-linux/simple/crossdev/cross-all-20010423.tar.

The sample IP22 kernel can be found at
.../simple/kernels/linux-2.4.3-20010422-IP22-4400.tar.gz.

--
Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------