Re: Kaffe porting issues

On Wed, 2001-12-12 at 13:34, John R. Daily wrote:
> I've been doing some work to ensure kaffe's availability on the
> ia64 port. 1.0.6 has yet to make it into testing, and there is
> much work to be done if woody is to ship with a reasonably
> up-to-date version.

This raises another question that I have been corresponding with
Transvirtual about. The "official" Kaffe 1.0.6 release is something like
1.5 years old and is lagging far behind CVS. The last stable release is
ancient but there hasn't been any effort towards an official freeze in
the open CVS. I guess in this respect Kaffe has a lot in common with
Debian itself.

The question is do we want to proceed with the old 1.0.6 stuff or should
I package something like 1.0.6.cvs-20011217? Any comments?

Ean Schuessler                                      ean@brainfood.com
Brainfood, Inc.                              http://www.brainfood.com