Re: Debian on mips (indy r5k) - my summary

Hi Krzysztof,
On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 12:13:23AM +0100, Krzysztof Krzyzaniak wrote:
> 3) new newport driver (24) - works fine but it changing colors on "text"
> (frame buffer) console (white goes green, blue goes green), there are some
> problems with displaying pixmaps too
The pixmap problem only shows with shared memory pixmaps. You can run gtk
applications with --no-xshm which will work around it. I talked to Ralf
about it some time ago and he was suspecting a bug in the kernels shm
code.
The weird console colors are caused by an improperly restored mode
register on the XMPA9. I'll see if I can fix that.
Thanks for the report.
 -- Guido