Re: please build xine!

On Sun, 28 Oct 2001, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> * Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.infodrom.north.de> [20011028 09:25]:
> > > I'm currently trying to get a recent version of xine-lib and
> > > xine-ui into
> >
> > Maybe because the maintainer told it not to try?
>
> I think he was talking about xine-lib and xine-ui.
>
> Package: xine-lib
> Architecture: any
>
> Package: xine-ui
> Architecture: any

Yes, I was talking about those. Ancient xine (before the 0.5.x series) has
basically only been portable as long as you tried it on i386 ;-)

But the current xine-lib and xine-ui should really compile anywhere (well,
arm is being fixed, but mips should work...)

So: Why doesn't the buildd give it a try??

Cheers,
	Siggi