Re: please build xine!

On Sun, 28 Oct 2001, Siggi Langauf wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Oct 2001, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
>
> > * Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.infodrom.north.de> [20011028 09:25]:
> > >
> > > Maybe because the maintainer told it not to try?
> >
> > I think he was talking about xine-lib and xine-ui.
> >
> > Package: xine-lib
> > Architecture: any
> >
> > Package: xine-ui
> > Architecture: any
>
> Yes, I was talking about those. Ancient xine (before the 0.5.x series) has
> basically only been portable as long as you tried it on i386 ;-)
>
> But the current xine-lib and xine-ui should really compile anywhere (well,
> arm is being fixed, but mips should work...)

Hi,

by coincidence I yesterday compiled xine on my Indy.
It compiles but doesn't run due to a problem with imlib and the palette.
I guess 256 colors are just not enough ;)

So there is defenitely no reason that xine wouldn't compile
on Debian.

	Cya, Klaus

--
Full Name   : Klaus Naumann     | (http://www.mgnet.de/) (Germany)
Nickname    : Spock             | Org.: Mad Guys Network