Re: Tar'ed Base System?

> 3.  If you boot into single-user mode, linux may not allow you to
>     mount root read-write.  Even with "-f -o rw".  This is wrong
>     behavior. If I use "-f", there should be no question.  JUST DO
>     IT!  NOW! If it damages file systems, or crashes the system, that
>     is MY risk...

What you're looking for is:
mount -n -o remount,rw /dev/root /

- Michael

=====
"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones."
-- Linus Torvalds in <1991Aug25.205708.9541@klaava.Helsinki.FI>
"Hurd will be out in a year (or two, or next month, who knows)..."
-- Linus Torvalds in <1991Oct5.054106.4647@klaava.Helsinki.FI>