Re: Compiling a new kernel for an indy and how many scsi hd is supported?

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Soeren Laursen wrote:

> Hi,

hi,

[snip]
> I have fetched a cvs tree via oss.sgi.com (2.4.4) and made
> menuconfig
> make dep  and make
>
> This will create me a new kernel I then use the dvh-tool to write this
> new kernel to the disk.

the last step is
$ make boot
then you must put arch/mips/boot/vmlinux.ecoff file in your vh.

> The kernel will then boot and suddenly dump a lot of strange
> information and it is not a kernel panic. Then it stops.
>
> Is there some special options/patches I should apply?

ext2 fs is broken in current cvs kernel (i suppose Flo is fixing it...)

> Another question I tried to use the second disk in the indy but it
> make a lot of scsi reset.
>
> I read a posting (cannot find it again) which stated that the current
> kernel only support one disk on SGI/Indy,

"Multiple disk problem" - if you love your data, you shouldn't use more
than one disk.

regards,
Laďa