Compiling a new kernel for an indy and how many scsi hd is supported?

Hi,

Thanks for the help making the indy boot. Now I got one booting
and it is working.

But now I would really love to compile my own kernel removing stuff
I do not need etc.

I have fetched a cvs tree via oss.sgi.com (2.4.4) and made
menuconfig
make dep  and make

This will create me a new kernel I then use the dvh-tool to write this
new kernel to the disk.

The kernel will then boot and suddenly dump a lot of strange
information and it is not a kernel panic. Then it stops.

Is there some special options/patches I should apply?

Another question I tried to use the second disk in the indy but it
make a lot of scsi reset.

I read a posting (cannot find it again) which stated that the current
kernel only support one disk on SGI/Indy,

Best Regards and really nice work done on the installations rutines
for the indy.

Søren,