Re: Hands for the mipsel port / bootstrapping

* Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org> [20010603 15:53]:
> I fear that you wont get the Debian-Mipsel stuff to work with a 2.0 kernel.
> The 2.0 port is completely discontinued and the 2.2/2.4 ports to mips and
> mipsel are completely independent ports from scratch. There are people
> working on a 2.4 kernel for the Cube and Raq but i havent heard anything
> lately.

There is a working 2.4 kernel now.  See
http://cobalt22.cobalt.com/patches  The cross-compiler for the kernel
can be found at
ftp://oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/crossdev/i386-linux/mipsel-linux

> > means are available for bootstrapping a Debian mipsel system?  I've always
> > liked the 'debootstrap' package, which doesn't appear to be built for mipsel

It cannot be built for mipsel because makedev doesn't work on that
platform yet.  I sent in a patch for that, but bdale has recently
moved so it might take a while.