Re: first experimental version of a base for mips

On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 08:21:51PM +0100, staf wagemakers wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 04:23:26PM +0100, Christoph Martin wrote:
> > I am just uploading a first try of a base for debian-mips to
> > ftp.uni-mainz.de/pub/Linux/debian-local/mips/base2_2.0.tgz. It will be
> > finished in about an hour.
>
> great!
>
> I'll try to download them at work tomorrow ( please dont tell my boss :) )
> and I'll inform you about the result.

I finally got the time to try to install debian on my indy. I was able to boot
the system with a kernel ( kernel-image-2.4.0-test9-ip22-r4k.tgz ) from
ftp.rfc822.org. and the new base2_2.0.tgz via bootp/tftp and a nfs root fs.

After I re-partitioned my hd, I could copy my kernel into the volume hdr with
dvhtool. But I wasnt able to format my root partition, when I run
"mkfs.ext2 /dev/sda1" I get a "bus error".

Has anyone an idea how I could solve this problem? Or what I did wrong?

Anyway trying to install linux on the indy was a very interesting experience!

regards,

--
Staf Wagemakers

email      : staf@digibel.org