Re: first experimental version of a base for mips

Florian Lohoff wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 09:51:57AM -0500, Michael E Crowe wrote:
> > Christoph,
> >       Is there a base system for a little-endian MIPS systems?  I am working
> > on one (a mipsel system) right now and it would be nice if there was a
> > prebuilt File System to start with.
>
> Not right now - I have a couple of little endian machines, some decstations
> and some "embedded" machines with disk and much faster than the decstation.
>
> I was not able to reproduce the stuff Christoph did, and i havent got
> that much time. If you would like to do something towards this
> i can provide you with a login on a little endian machine
> in the network.
>
> Flo
> --
> Florian Lohoff                  flo@rfc822.org             +49-5201-669912
>      Why is it called "common sense" when nobody seems to have any?
>
> --

I have a couple little endian embedded targets to work on.  I have just
ported linux to them and have a simple RFS that was provided to me in
binary format, but I have not built a libc yet.  Guess that's the first
order of business.  I would like it to be a x86-linux to mipsel-linux
cross compile toolchain.  Anyone have this available or can tell me
where to start??

Thanks,
Mike

--
Michael E Crowe
TimeSys Corporation

4516 Henry Street
Pittsburgh PA 15213 USA
412 681 6899 x 212 or 1-888-432-TIME x212
412 681 5522 fax