Re: HOWTO install debian on a Indy

On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 01:54:37PM +0100, Christoph Martin wrote:
> Florian Lohoff writes:
>  > On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 12:59:09PM +0100, staf wagemakers wrote:
>  > >
>  > > Is there a simple Howto to install debian GNU/Linux on a SGI indy?
>  > >
>  >
>  > Nope
>  >
>  > > I've looked at the port specific mips pages at www.debian.org and
>  > > www.linux-mips.org but I didn't find it...
>  >
>  > There is no "read to install" distribution right now so there is
>  > no easy way to install either ..
>  >

> We have a base distribution soon. Then you can start from
> there. base.tar.gz is nearly finished. Stay tuned.
>
> Christoph

Sorry, but we dont have the bootfloppies yet. thats why I think the installtion
isnt easier. Because of my job I havent so much time to work on it. On the other
way, it isnt clear which lib will be used, either libfdisk or libparted.
The problem now is that the give libfdisk the Sgilabelsupport but it dont work.
Guido wrote me that, when he have some time he will a have an other look on it.

--

henning Heinold