Re: untested mips packages compiled against glibc2.2

On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 01:00:08PM +0100, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 10:20:11AM +0100, Guido Guenther wrote:
>
> As soon as you got the feeling that they should be ok - Upload them - You
> might then delete them from your local repository and get a broader
> testing community :)
Well - in some cases the packages are rather incomplete, have broken
dependencies and such (e.g. libdb2 & pam). Although they are quiet
important I don't want to upload them until they are complete and all
necessary patches have been integrated. Although I currently don't want
to upload packages I haven't even installed myself.

> We are always able to replace the probably broken packages by bumbing
> the binary version by an architectural ".N" extension to the debian
> version. I already did this with glibc, dpkg, ncurses etc ...
>
> Also do this when changing something in the source package to
> include a changelog entry and bump the version - This makes clear
> that something changed to the original source version.
So what do you do with the patched source packages then? I assume you
don't NMU them, do you? Can I find them on rfc822.org?
Regards,
 -- Guido