Re: untested mips packages compiled against glibc2.2

On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 10:20:11AM +0100, Guido Guenther wrote:
> Hi,
> I'll be dumping all packages compiled against glibc2.2 which I don't
> upload to master into:
> http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/linux-mips/debian/glibc-2.2/
> These are untested due to time constraints. Feedback welcome.

As soon as you got the feeling that they should be ok - Upload them - You
might then delete them from your local repository and get a broader
testing community :)

We are always able to replace the probably broken packages by bumbing
the binary version by an architectural ".N" extension to the debian
version. I already did this with glibc, dpkg, ncurses etc ...

Also do this when changing something in the source package to
include a changelog entry and bump the version - This makes clear
that something changed to the original source version.

Flo