Re: CD images?

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 02:46:59PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > >
> > > Oeh ?  All Decstations i have ever seen do have a normal Fast-SCSI
> > > (High Density 50 Pin) SCSI connectors ...
> >
> > Weird, since the ones I saw at the univ did have the HD 68-pin connector for
> > external devices, while they have normal 50-pin SCSI inside. And yes, it's not
> > wide-SCSI, but a proprietary DEC-wiring of narrow-SCSI over wide-connectors.
>
> HD68 ?  Are you sure - That would mean that the decstations have
> Wide Controllers - All i have seen do only have Fast controllers
> which have HD50 pinout.

They are HD68, but not wide-SCSI!

The internal cable is a bunch of separate wires (no flatcable!) with standard
50-pin connectors for internal devices and one HD68 connector for external
devices.

Tom: can you please verify this on your DS3100?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP} -- geert@linux-m68k.org