Re: CD images?

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 10:31:36AM -0600, John Galt wrote:
> > Well, hooking a CD-rom to it isn't as trivial as I thought--the external
> > port is actually a SCSI-1 rather than a SCSI-3, even though it looks like
> > a SCSI-3: meaning that it's proprietary.  How come nothing ever is as easy
> > as it looks :(  That means that I have TWO boat anchors in that pile ATM
> > :(
>
> Oeh ?  All Decstations i have ever seen do have a normal Fast-SCSI
> (High Density 50 Pin) SCSI connectors ...

Weird, since the ones I saw at the univ did have the HD 68-pin connector for
external devices, while they have normal 50-pin SCSI inside. And yes, it's not
wide-SCSI, but a proprietary DEC-wiring of narrow-SCSI over wide-connectors.

I think the simplest method is to connect the CD-ROM to one of the internal
50-pin connectors (if you have a spare one). Or find the DEC-proprietary
cabling for external devices.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--