Re: Ok, got it booted...

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> it is definitly :)

Ok, so far, I've rebuilt several versions of binutils with varying degrees
of overall success (see details below).  In all cases, binutils 2.10.0.24
and two subsequent snapshots built fine.

When building gcc (20000821 and 20000828 snapshots), I got an assembler
error while compiling fold-const.c.  I checked and the version of gcc that
I was relying upon was egcs 1.0.2 (which is ancient and doesn't include
about a zillion fixes), so I grabbed the tarball from your site and am
trying recompiling the toolchain with that.

It's midstream in the configuration process for binutils.  I'll post my
findings later tonight (wife allowing) wrt gcc compilation.

What versions of gcc/binutils are you using, btw?  Any possibility that
you could send me a couple of tarballs (if they're not the ones on your
site already)?