Re: Curious as to the status of the MIPS port...

Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:

> Hey...
>
> I was just wondering about the status of the MIPS port.  I noticed that
> the port page hasn't been updated in quite some time.

It's going on but only slowly.  sid/main/binary-mips(el)? does not
contain a single package, although a good portion of packages is
already ported.

> The reason I ask (and you may be wondering, considering I'm becoming known
> mostly for work on Alphas) is that I may be getting ahold of an SGI Indy
> for free to play with.  If I can get ahold of it, I'd be happy to help out
> with the MIPS port as well, time allowing.  Granted, my time (and
> loyalties) lie with Alpha at the moment, but if I can contribute to
> porting some of the package base to MIPS, I'd be happy to.

Every active developer is good for the port.

Regards,

	Joey

--
No question is too silly to ask, but, of course, some are too silly
to answer.   -- Perl book