Re: Curious as to the status of the MIPS port...

Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:
> Hey...
> I was just wondering about the status of the MIPS port.  I noticed that
> the port page hasn't been updated in quite some time.

It's going on but only slowly.  sid/main/binary-mips(el)? does not
contain a single package, although a good portion of packages is
already ported.

> The reason I ask (and you may be wondering, considering I'm becoming known
> mostly for work on Alphas) is that I may be getting ahold of an SGI Indy
> for free to play with.  If I can get ahold of it, I'd be happy to help out
> with the MIPS port as well, time allowing.  Granted, my time (and
> loyalties) lie with Alpha at the moment, but if I can contribute to
> porting some of the package base to MIPS, I'd be happy to.

Every active developer is good for the port.

No question is too silly to ask, but, of course, some are too silly
to answer.   -- Perl book