Re: brute force builder state

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 07:51:22PM +0100, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> Hi,
> Most of them failed due to kernel header problems - Probably i should compile
> against the 2.2.1 kernel sources - I have now CVS Snapshot 2.3.51 installed.
The 2.2 kernel headers give you the same SOCK_* undefined messages. I just commented
out the "#ifdef __KERNEL__" around these definitions at the end of /u/i/asm/socket.h.
This works well for me(with a 2.2 Kernel but 2.3 should be as good as
that).
> The second big failure reason is direkt or indirekt missing xfree like
> libgtk, groff, gnome, xmkmf.
Did you try to build a xlib6? I had a short look at it but the package
is rather big and confusing ;).

> clisp                none                 linker error
These linker errors worry me a lot. Any idea what causes them?
 -- Guido