Re: .deb packages for SGI/Linux

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 03:39:16PM +0000, Jason Mesker wrote:
> >     Is there anywhere that I could score the .deb packages that were
> > created thus far?  Off of oss.sgi.com I find a link but it's dead.  I
> > would be willing to host an ftp for some .deb packages also.  If anyone
> > has any of these packages please let me know, I will setup an ftp for
> > them so maybe we can get this development going again.  Also if anybody
> > is interested in useing my Indy to develop on please let me know also,
> > I have no problem with giving out shells to people that want to work on
> > the project.  Thanks.
>
> There is already an apt-gettable area of ready packages at
>
> ftp.rfc822.org/pub/local/debian/debian/

Unfortunately apt-get doesn't work for me:

root % apt-get update
Get:1 http://ftp.rfc822.org unstable/main Packages [31.6kB]
Ign http://ftp.rfc822.org unstable/main Release
Get:2 http://ftp.rfc822.org unstable/contrib Packages [20B]
Ign http://ftp.rfc822.org unstable/contrib Release
Get:3 http://ftp.rfc822.org unstable/non-free Packages [20B]
Ign http://ftp.rfc822.org unstable/non-free Release
Get:4 http://ftp.rfc822.org unstable/non-US/main Packages [607B]
Ign http://ftp.rfc822.org unstable/non-US/main Release
Get:5 http://ftp.rfc822.org unstable/non-US/contrib Packages [20B]
Ign http://ftp.rfc822.org unstable/non-US/contrib Release
Get:6 http://ftp.rfc822.org unstable/non-US/non-free Packages [2849B]
Ign http://ftp.rfc822.org unstable/non-US/non-free Release
Fetched 35.1kB in 20s (1727B/s)
Reading Package Lists... Error!
E: msync
E: Problem opening
/var/state/apt/lists/ftp.rfc822.org_pub_local_debian_debian_dists_unstable_main_binary-mipsel_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
root %

Machine is NEC DDB Vrc-5074 evaluation board with linux-mipsel 2.3.21.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven ----------------- Sony Suprastructure Center Europe (SUPC-E)