Re: binary-mips

On Sat, Nov 06, 1999 at 05:04:17AM +0100, H.Heinold wrote:
> hello,
>
> that looks goot, but I have tried to compile some packages by my self.
> what kind of  machine do you have and which compiler do you use ? I think
> we should coordinate the compiling for other packages. I curennetly try to
> compile the binutils2.9 .

Wont work :)

Currently the only reliable binutils are 2.8.1 + mips patches - Everything
else will result in

1. Segfaulting binarys or
2. Segfaulting ld or
3. assert triggering in the gas

I am currently trying to get binutils CVS snapshots to work which is
not as easy as it sounds ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
  ...  The failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is