Re: Status of Debian on mipseb [was RE: Linux for SGI]

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Mike Hill wrote:

> As Florian pointed out, binutils is broken and preventing the upgrade to
> glibc 2.1.  Once this is fixed it should be possible to build working debs
> for mipseb (big-endian mips).

I guess until then we can use glibc from slink (m68k still uses glibc 2.0)
with the mips patches
Btw is the official architecture mipseb or mips now? autoconf says mips,
so the gnu arch is mips, the redhat packages use mipseb though.
I'll be installing my indigo2 probably in a few days...

Greg