Re: No script to make CDs bootable for mips ...

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 06:26:47PM +0000, Ryan Underwood wrote:
> I'll assume then, that this script could be used with the IRIX
> cdwrite utilities to create 512-byte/block SGI bootable CDs.  What hardware
> is required to do this?  I'm supposing your standard PC/Mac SCSI external
> burner wouldn't cut it.

BTW: The digital decstations also need 512 byte blocking on the cd -
This might be impossible to create for todays burners. I'll have to try.

How does linux handle multisession cds ? Would the sgi prom handle the
sessions by using the "first" session ? What about create a small
session with a volume header and arcboot in it (No efs) and tell arcboot
how to find the second session.

> However, there's always TFTP for those who can't create bootable CDs.

Which is very simple - Most SGI dont have a cdrom anyway. The decstation
is able to boot via tftp too - very simple.

> And we can always work on EFS writing support in Debian later, once
> everybody's SGI is running Debian. 8)

Who needs EFS anyway :)

Flo
Nine nineth on september the 9th              Welcome to the new billenium