Re: Uscan no longer works with GitLab tags

Hi Thomas,

On 4/23/24 4:09 PM, Thomas Ward wrote:
Is there a specific reason you can't follow tags and their corresponding uploads? A long while ago I came up with a mechanism to force uscan to use the gitlab JSON API to get downloads, etc. but it was finnicky and I don't have the exact solutions here since that was long enough ago I lost a computer and its data and lost my solution to scrape the json with uscan.

No specific reason. From the discussion it seems that the JSON API is preferable, but is not recommended by default because of the need to mangle the owner/project URL

If it turns out to be more brittle I'll probably change it back - this project is finnicky anyway since like the Vala project Fay's example was for, I needed to get one of the manually uploaded tarballs instead of the auto-generated tag... and I also need to override the version (to prepend 0~).

Best regards,

--
 _o) Michel Lind
_( ) identities: https://keyoxide.org/5dce2e7e9c3b1cffd335c1d78b229d2f7ccc04f2