Re: Uscan no longer works with GitLab tags

On 4/23/24 4:02 PM, Michel Lind wrote:

On 4/3/24 5:19 PM, Fay Stegerman wrote:
GitLab asset download URLs are a bit of a mess, but the attached watch file
seems to give me that exact URL.

Thanks for this! I have a similar problem with archlinux-keyring - which uses a different GitLab instance, gitlab.archlinux.org

Using your watch file as a template, I managed to capture the exact URL needed (tried using that and also matching on the releases URL), but I still get stuck on the fact that uscan gets given an HTML page prompting to login instead.

Ah, turns out matching the upload found the .tar.gz.sig instead since it appeared earlier in the releases JSON, so the upload hash is wrong.

Finally ended up matching the release URL instead - luckily uscan (and wget) handles the redirection back to the uploads URL OK.

https://salsa.debian.org/michel/archlinux-keyring/-/commit/7c096ea23aad8e0c9f66819cdda2a7d7e094f196

Thanks for figuring out the API access. I'm using it from now on since hopefully it'll be more stable.

--
 _o) Michel Lind
_( ) identities: https://keyoxide.org/5dce2e7e9c3b1cffd335c1d78b229d2f7ccc04f2