Re: Packaging a header-only library with frequent breaking changes

Hello,

On 2023-01-17 15:04, David Kalnischkies wrote:
I would suggest talking to maintainers of similar packages, they can
probably give you more practical advice in this matter.

I maintain a couple of similar header-only packages. Developers unwilling to provide stable API are a challenge, but usually not much can be done about it.

I usually package such headers in libfoo-dev binary packages without versions in their names. Whenever a new upstream version arrives, I use ratt to rebuild all reverse dependencies to detect possible API breaks. If found, I bug the upstreams of such reverse dependencies to adjust to the API changes.

Best,
Andrius