Re: help with python3 depends < 3.11

On Sun, Jan 15, 2023 at 04:20:35PM +0100, Stephen Sinclair wrote:
> I have been trying to make an update to my package "siconos".
> However, in the Salsa build, which nicely runs all tests, it fails on
> "piuparts".

> I am confused, because it fails with the following error:

> > python3-siconos : Depends: python3 (< 3.11) but 3.11.1-1 is to be installed
>
> However, debian/control uses ${python3:Depends} and does not mention
> version 3.11 anywhere, so I cannot understand where it's getting this
> "< 3.11" constraint from.

The package was build for 3.10 only.  Then, python3 defaults got changed,
and now packages are supposed to build 3.11 instead.

Thus, all packages have been rebuilt.  But alas:
    https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=siconos
is quite red.  You'd need to investigate why it fails to build, and upload a
fix.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Let's make a Debian conference in Yalta, Ukraine.