Re: Debian versioning question

On 10.11.2023 00:37, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
On Thu, Nov 09, 2023 at 11:06:32PM +0100, Hilmar Preuße wrote:

Hello Mattia,

Can we override that anyhow?

Even if it was possible, how would that be of any help?  You do realize
that versioning order matters for much more than whatever is shown on a
web page, right?  Like, apt policy.  Or what dpkg does.

Not sure, why I did not recognize the severity of that issue earlier. Until yesterday it was just a display issue.

I can open an issue at upstream trying to
remove the RfC files, but I guess he's not really interested in these Debian
internals. Further it does not solve the issue for this particular upload.

You seem to have skipped the last paragraph of my last email.  What
about that?

Sorry. I'll talk to my co-workers about that. I got another suggestion, so let's see what we do.

Hilmra
--
sigfault