Re: Questions about ITP in Debian

On Mon, May 29, 2023 at 6:24 PM Tadeu Sampaio <tadeubas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thx Robin for the fast response! So what is needed in order to proceed with the ITP below, we need a sponsor?

> Best regards,
> Tadeu

The (currently) last message [1] on that ITP already mentioned what
needs to be done and provided useful links to get started.

In short, to proceed you'd need to:
1. Coordinate with the current owner of that ITP (unless that's you).
2. Prepare a source package that conforms to Debian policy and can
build the binary packages (.deb files) using the standard Debian build
tools. (Note that upstream's .deb files are not sufficient.)
3. Find a sponsor willing to review and upload the source package for
you. For example through mentors.debian.net and this mailing list.

Documentation on what this means in practice is found in the links
already provided in the ITP. [1]

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1024547#25

Regards,
Robin