Re: Questions about ITP in Debian

Thx Robin for the fast response! So what is needed in order to proceed with the ITP below, we need a sponsor?

Best regards,
Tadeu

On Mon, May 29, 2023 at 12:53 PM Robin Gustafsson <robin@rgson.se> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, May 29, 2023 at 5:36 PM Tadeu Sampaio <tadeubas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, thx for your attention! Please, can you clarify this for me? For an ITP to be submitted, it is necessary that the person applies to become a member (Debian New Maintainers)? I am asking regarding this ITP: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1024547
>
> Thx,
> Tadeu

No. Anyone can submit an ITP.

You'd need to find a sponsor to actually get a package into Debian
though. That's generally how you'd get started with packaging. See
https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers/.

Regards,
Robin